Education and Music in the Community
Analysing the contribution of innovative programmes in Music Education toward the establishment of guidelines for nationwide implementation of music in schools and the cultural valuing of music in the community;
Intensifying research in Music Education and Community focusing on informal, non-formal and formal contexts where music takes place;
Disseminating results of research through the organization of academic events, such as conferences, symposia, and forums of discussion.
- Defining a strategy for a democratic and engaged Music Education;
- Researching music education in the school curriculum and in socially inclusive projects;
- Identifying styles of musical teaching and learning, musical identities, and alternative musical pathways;
- Identifying affordances and constraints in implementing non-formal music education practices in formal school settings;
- Promoting direct involvement in projects of community music.