Analysing the contribution of innovative programmes in Music Education toward the establishment of guidelines for nationwide implementation of music in schools and the cultural valuing of music in the community;
Intensifying research in Music Education and Community focusing on informal, non-formal and formal contexts where music takes place;
Disseminating results of research through the organization of academic events, such as conferences, symposia, and forums of discussion.
- Defining a strategy for a democratic and engaged Music Education;
- Researching music education in the school curriculum and in socially inclusive projects;
- Identifying styles of musical teaching and learning, musical identities, and alternative musical pathways;
- Identifying affordances and constraints in implementing non-formal music education practices in formal school settings;
- Promoting direct involvement in projects of community music.